ROUND-UP FOR THE CURE
MAY 10, 2014
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
· 5K Adult $35
· 5K Adult Timed $40
· 10K Adult Timed $50
· 5K Child (Age 6-12) $15
· 5K Child Timed (Age 6-12) $20
· 10K Child Timed (Age 6-12) $30
· Child (Age 5 & Under) Free**
· Sleep In for the Cure® $40
*Race Day (May 10) registration will be $5 more per registrant.
** No T-shirt provided for children ages 5 and under.
MAIL IN REGISTRATION FORM
If registering by mail, please print clearly and complete all sections of this form.
Click here to download!
• One person per registration form. Registration by be mailed in by April 11, 2014
• Send completed form and registration fees to: Komen Sacramento Race for the Cure, PO Box 1390, Dixon CA 95620
May 1st Qualify for Team Incentives
May 2nd Team T-Shirt Design Due
May 3rd - 9th In-Person Registration at Arden Mall
May 8th Online Registration Closes
May 10th Race for the Cure
May 31st Final Day to Fundraise
INAUGURAL 10K RACE –New!
New in 2014, is our inaugural 10K (6.2 miles) competitive timed race! The 10K competitive chip timed runners will kick-off the Race by starting at 8:40am, followed by the 5K competitive chip timed runners at 9:00am.
Get Fit. Save Lives. Start Training.
March 10-May 10
Join the Train for the Cure team to meet new people, fight against breast cancer, and train to complete the Sacramento Race for the Cure’s 10K or 5K on May 10, 2014 with strong confidence! Train for the Cure is geared towards walkers and runners of ALL abilities beginner, intermediate, & advanced. Space is limited, so sign up now!
· 8-weeks of professionally coached workouts
· Two coached workouts each week (one boot camp and one run workout)
· Participants will receive personalized attention at every workout
· Welcome Packet including training information, guidelines, and resources
· Written training plans for beginner, intermediate, and advanced-intermediate participants
· Fitness education, training discussions, Coach Q&A, and on-line coaching support
· Custom logoed tech-t class shirt (a $30 value)
· $25/participant donation to the Susan G. Komen Foundation
· Meet new people and establish run training partners
Train for the Cure is sponsored by
Celebrate a Survivor or remember a loved one lost for a minimum $5 donation by sharing their photo and a message on our Tribute wall. Photos and donation can be brought to In-Person Registration, in the Expo on Race Day or sent in advance to Komen Sacramento, Attn: Tribute, 9310 Tech Center Drive, Ste.250, Sacramento, CA 95826. We regret that we will not be able to return photos.
Decorate your special Tribute message in advance!
IN-PERSON REGISTRATION & TEAM CAPTIAN PICK UP
• Saturday, May 3rd – Friday, May 9th • 11am – 7pm
• In front of Nordstrom inside Arden Fair Mall, Sacramento
• Register and/or pick up race T-shirt, bib and timing chip
• Purchase Komen merchandise before the Race!
2014 RACE DAY SCHEDULE RACE FOR THE CURE MAP
6:30am - Parking Lot Opens
7:00am - 8:30am Registration
6:45am - 8:40am Round-Up Tailgate Party
8:15am - 8:30am Survivor Recognition
8:40am - Start 10K Run
8:50am - Zumba Warm Up
9:00am - Start Timed 5K Run
9:05am - Start 5K Walk
9:05am - 11:45am Post Race Expo
9:15am - Start 1-mile Run/Walk
10:00am -11:00am - Little Road Runners
11:00am - 11:30am – Competitive Runner Awards
*Note- The Survivor Recognition will take place in Lot C before the Race. There will not be a post Race ceremony.
RACE FOR THE CURE MAP
Click here for a larger version! Does not include the 10K Course.
SLEEP IN FOR THE CURE
If you are unable to join the boot stomping party on Race day, don’t worry, you can still participate! Register for Sleep In for the Cure® and still make a difference with your individual fundraising. We’ll mail you a race t-shirt and door hanger. You can register as an individual or as a team member and set your fundraising goal to at least $250 to be eligible for incentive prizes.
*Special Recognition and Prize for Largest Sleep in Team –New this year!
POST RACE EXPO
9:05am - 11:45am
After you have refueled with snacks and water, enter the Country Western Expo for awesome family entertainment, merchandise, photo opportunities, while rounding-up raffles prizes and free samples. Enjoy the country western atmosphere and show off your getup!
10:00am - 11:00am
The Little Roadrunners provides children, ages three to eight, an entertaining and active way to participate. Either run or walk the 50-yard dash – all registered children will receive a race medal and bib. Parents must be present.
COMPETETIVE RUNNER AWARDS
11:00am – 11:30am
Awards will be presented to the top three male, female and survivor overall for the 10K and 5K timed Races. Medals will be given to the top three males and females in each age group; 6-12, 13-19, 20-24, 25-29… up to 70 and over. Medals can be picked up on Race Day at the Runner Award Ceremony or you can call the Affiliate office at (916) 231-3148 and it will be mailed.
5K Race Course Certification Number: CA07025RS
10K Race Course Certification Number: Pending.
COSTUMES ARE ENCORAGED!
Participants are encouraged to wear country western appeal on Race day! Take a photo and post it to our Komen Sacramento Facebook page after the Race for a chance to win a prize
Shop for your pink apparel at In-Person Registration or on Race Day. Bring cash, check or credit cards to buy your Komen gear.