Support for You
Breast cancer can be scary and confusing, both for those diagnosed and for their friends and family.
The Sacramento Valley Affiliate works with a variety of organizations throughout our service area to ensure that there is a strong support network to help with the physical and emotional demands of the disease.
Remember, you are not alone. There are many support services available to assist you on this journey, including:
- Our Resources page provides comprehensive services county by county, from where you can go for medical care to support groups that are in your area.
- We work with the WeCARE Peer Navigator program, which matches patients to survivors who are trained to be a valuable companion throughout your journey.
- Register for the Race for the Cure – held each year the Saturday before Mother’s Day, the event inspires women at all stages of treatment and provides an opportunity for your friends and family to support you.
- Our Affiliate office can answer questions and send literature – call us at 916-231-3148.
- The Co-Survivor section of Komen’s national website, where friends and family members can share tips and advice, and read personal stories from others who have been in similar situations.
- CaringBridge.org offers free, personalized websites that connect family and friends during a serious health event. CaringBridge makes it easier to share health updates and receive messages of love and support.